NEET 2018: CBSE conducts National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) for MBBS and BDS aspirants. Central board of secondary education will take NEET 2018 in every major city of India. Every candidate who wanted to be doctor or dentist has to appear for this competitive exam. It is gateway to get admission into private or Government College. Hence every institute has to consider NEET score to give admission whether it is government or private. Check eligibility criteria, age limit, how to apply, exam pattern, syllabus and application form from here.
NEET 2018 Schedule
|Online application starts||December 2017 – 1st week|
|Last date of online applications||December 2017 – Last week|
|Receipt of confirmation||January 2018-2nd week|
|Last date of online application with late fee||January 2018-Last week|
|Receipt of confirmation||February 2018-1st week|
|Release of Admit card||April 2018-1st week|
|Exam date of NEET 2018||May 2018-1st week|
|NEET 2018 Results date||June 2018-1st week|
|Counseling starts from||After result|
NEET 2018 Application from
Candidate can start filling online application form after 1st week of December. CBSE will accept online forms only and offline forms are not accepted any more. Candidate can apply for NEET 2018 from official website.
It is advisable that candidate should read all information and fill forms carefully. Applicant has to upload photograph, signature and thumb impression in given format. Moreover candidate have to fill personal details, contact details and other required information such as domicile certificates and cast certificate (if required)
Applicant has to send confirmation page on below mentioned address.
The Assistant Secretary (NEET)
Central Board of Secondary Education,
Shiksha Kendra 2, Community Centre,
Preet Vihar, Delhi- 110092
NEET 2018 Application Fees
Candidate has to pay INR 1400 who is from open and OBC category, while ST/SC and PH category candidate have to pay INR 750.
Note: Student can made payment via online mode with the help of Credit card, debit card or Net Banking. CBSE also accept offline mode payment via e-challan of HDFC bank, Syndicate, SBI or ICICI bank.
NEET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
All India Quota Seats (15%)
- Applicant needs to have Indian citizenship
- Minimum age should be 17 years on or before December 31, 2018.
- Maximum age of General category applicants is 25 years as on December 31, 2018 for 15% All India State Quota.
- Reservation category student will get 5 years of age relaxation.
- Applicant must have passed 12th science exam with PCB subjects (physics, chemistry and biology).
- Current year Candidates can also apply for NEET 2018.
- General category students need to have 50% marks in 12th Science with PCB subjects.
- Reserve category candidate with 40% marks in 12th science with PCB subjects.
Note: Jammu and Kashmir, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana students will not get admission under 15% All India Quota Seats.
Eligibility criteria of States/Universities/Institutions/AFMC
- Indian national
- Minimum age should be 17 years as on or before December 31, 2017.
- Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) can get admission too.
NEET 2018 Exam Pattern
- Board will take pen based test (PBT)
- Candidate will get 180 minutes to solve 180 questions.
- All questions will be multiple choice questions.
- Each right mark will add +4 marks in total score while wrong answer will attract penalty of -1 mark.
- CBSE offers exam paper in two main language .i.e. English and Hindi. Candidate can choose any language of his desire.
- Moreover CBSE gives eight languages as option which is English, Hindi, Marathi, Tamil, Bengali, Gujarati, Telugu and Assamese.
NEET Syllabus 2018
Syllabus is prepared by Medical Council of India (MCI). Most of syllabus is based on 11th and 12th standard course. CBSE will ask questions from Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology subjects. For more information candidate can refer CBSE, NCERT & COBSE books.
NEET Admit Card 2018
As per tentative schedule NEET 2018 Admit card will be available in 1st week of April. Board will allocate Hall ticket to candidates, who have successfully registered their selves. Application with half information will not eligible to get admit card. Moreover applicant have to download admit card via official website with the help of username and password. Hence you should not wait for post or offline hall ticket.
- Check full name, exam center and other details as soon as you receive hall ticket.
- Keep soft copy safe in computer or mail and also keep extra hard copy with you.
NEET 2018 Answer Key
Candidate can get unofficial NEET 2018 answer key after the examination is over. This answer key is made by various coaching institutes. However one cannot trust on this answer key but you can check it to compare your answers. CBSE will release NEET official answer key 2018 on its web portal. Aspirants can download it with username and password.
Student can also challenge official answer key if he finds mistake in it. For that candidate have to pay 1000 INR as fees just like JEE Main 2018. If CBSE board accepts his claim then amount will be returned to his bank account.
NEET 2018 Result
It is expected that CBSE will declare NEET result in June 2018. We will also update all details on our website so candidate can use that link to check their score. Students can also open official website of NEET to check their marks with the help of user name and password. Admission will be given on the basis of merit list only.
NEET 2018 Cut-Off
Candidate will get seat into any college on the merit basis but applicant has to secure more marks then cut off of his desired institute. Every institute has different cut off so candidate with batter merit can stand a great chance for admission. Generally cut off is based on Total students in exam, total available seats and difficulty level.
- Minimum qualifying marks
- Open category: 50%
- Reserve category: 40%
- general-PH: 45%
NEET 2018 Counselling
CBSE board will start counseling round for admission into MBBS and BDS just after the declaration of result. Candidate will get seats according to their rank and cut off. Applicant has to do choice filling and need to pay counseling fees. On the basis of selected choice seats will be distributed to students. CBSE will undertake two or three round in counseling.
Candidate has to appear to respective college If seats will be allocated to them. Also fees needed to be paid by students. Directorate of MCC will distribute 15% All India Quota seats. Candidate has to appear for online counseling round just like normal round.