BITSAT 2018: Birla Institute of Technology & Science (BITS) Pilani every year takes the entrance test for the admission into engineering courses. It is a computer-based exam for the admission into BITS Pilani. It is considered as toughest exam in India. Every year Indian, as well as international candidates, appears for the entrance test. BITSAT 2018 is expected in May 2018, and online forms will be available in February 2018. Candidate should start preparing for the exam in advance and before that check syllabus, exam pattern, eligibility criteria, important dates and application details from the official website.
Engineering course offered by BITS Pilani
- Electrical and Electronics
- Computer science
- Electronics & Communication
- Manufacturing Engineering
|First date of online application||2nd or 3rd week of December 2017|
|Last date of online application||1st to 3rd week of February 2018|
|Exam center distribution||Last week of February 2018|
|Exam date booking||1st or 2nd week of March 2018|
|Admit card availability||Last week of March 2018|
|BITSAT 2018 Exam date||2nd or 3rd week of May 2018|
BITSAT Application Form 2018
BITS Pilani will release entrance test application form in February 2018. Applicants need to understand below points for online application.
- BITS Pilani will start online application process on their official web portal. Only online application will be accepted. There is no offline process for registration.
- Candidates have to enter personal as well as communication details in the registration form.
- Applicant needs to enter the full name, date of birth, communicant address, marks of 12th standard and other basic details.
- The applicant can pay exam fees via online or offline mode.
- Candidates have to upload scan photo and signature on the official website.
- Check form carefully before submitting it and take a print out for future reference.
- Male candidates: INR 2200
- Female candidates: INR 1700
- International candidates: $50 (INR 3000)
- 12th science passes with PCM (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) subjects.
- Candidate should have minimum 75% marks in the examination.
- Current year candidate and former year candidates are eligible for the exam.
- The applicant can get admission directly who has secured 1st place in state or center level exam.
- International students can apply for the entrance test.
BITSAT 2018 Exam pattern
|(a) English Proficiency||15|
|(b) Logical Reasoning||10|
|Mathematics/Biology (For B.Pharm)||45|
- BITS Pilani will take computer-based exam also known as the online mode or CBT mode.
- Applicant will get three hours to answer 150 MCQ
- Each question will carry three marks, and the wrong answer will deduct one marks from the total.
|Complex numbers||Logarithms and their properties|
|Fundamental theorem of algebra||Exponential series|
|Theory of Quadratic equations||Permutations and combinations|
|Geometric and harmonic progressions||Pascal’s triangle|
|Units & Measurement||Work and Energy|
|Newton’s Laws of Motion||Gravitation|
|Impulse and Momentum||Mechanics of Solids|
|Diversity in Living World||Plants|
|Cell – The Unit of Life||Animals|
|Structure and Function||Reproduction|
|Genetics and Evolution||Growth|
|Structure and Function||Movement in Plants,|
|Binary Logic||Puzzle Test|
|Non-verbal Reasoning||Classification Test|
BITSAT 2018 Admit Card
BITS Pilani will declare admit card 15 to 20 days before the examination. The candidate has to download online from official website. Applicant has to log in web portal through username and password.
- BITS will not send hall ticket via post of email.
- Candidate will not get entry into exam room without valid hall ticket.
- Also, keep government approved ID card at the time of the exam.
- If you found any mistakes in admit card, then contact officials as soon as possible.
BITSAT 2018 Result
BITS Pilani will declare result after 3 to 4 weeks of examination. Aspirants can check their result with the help of username and password. University also maintains merit list and counselling round once the result is declared. Applicants will get Admission on Merit.